Sunday, November 28, 2010

Glitter Ornaments

Hi Crafters,

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We are about to put up the tree and I am in complete denial about returning to school tomorrow!

Here is one of the few projects I worked on with my time off!  I had seen a lot of tutorials on the Pledge floor wax glitter ornaments and really wanted to try it (http://www.cricutholiday.com/2010/09/christmas-cricut-crafty-gift-tuesday.html ).  I did it the first time with my Youth Group on their retreat a last weekend (we had glitter EVERYWHERE)!  The middle schoolers and high schoolers both enjoyed this fast and easy craft.
We used heart shaped ornaments to fit our theme (Crazy Love).  We had several colors for them to choose from.  Most of them mixed several colors together.

 This cricut green one is for one of my dear crafting friends.  We get together often to craft. I appreciate her so much!
 My sister is graduating this school year.  I have to admit I'm not sure I love the 1/2 and 1/2 but it was appropriate for the theme.

 This one I made for my mom. She loves red!  I saw this glitter color and knew it had her name all over it! The other side has the last name on it.

You didn't think I'd leave out my niece did you?!  I'm also sure you are shocked at the purple selection for her anti-pink mom!

I got a glitter pack from Michael's that had 12 different colors of glitter in small viles. I would say you could get at least 3-4 ornaments from each vile.  I have 4 more glass balls that are itching for some glitter!

My Christmas greetings are almost finished being assembled.  I'll post updates with those soon!

Happy Crafting,

9 comments:

  1. Those look great! I love the JMU one. It looks really cool. Check out my blog for an award I gave you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing. My HS colors were purple and gold, so I think they look great together.

    Come and visit when you get a chance.
    Georgiana
    http://www.carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great. I need to start on mine after I get some floor wax

    ReplyDelete
  4. What font did you use for the text "Penelope"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you put the letters on there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. how did you get the vinyl to lay flat and not bunch or bubble...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used contact paper as transfer tape. I had a few bubbles with the longer words, but I curved them on my gypsy and that helped prevent them. I also really like the circular ones that are "squished" so it has a flat surface.

      Delete